A Message from Jagoda Pike, President and CEO of Homewood Health Centre:
It has been said that Homewood is a national treasure. For 129 years we have been a leader and innovator in mental health and addiction treatment.
The next 10 years will be an important decade in this organization’s long and distinguished history.
We will continue to build on our leadership position in mental health and addiction, focusing on our clinical integrity rooted in the principles and rigour of excellent and innovative medical care. There are three facets to our robust clinical approach:
- Our interdisciplinary team – not only do we employ more than 28 physicians, whose medical expertise range from psychiatry to addiction medicine, but also we bring to the fore teams of clinicians in numerous disciplines including nursing, addiction counselors, social workers, and a variety of therapists such as occupational, horticultural, art, and recreational. The result is a depth and breadth of experience and care that gets to the heart of the mental health and addiction issues faced by our patients;
- We do more than symptom reduction – we also improve life by enhancing the functionality of patients. We are able to instill the skills and tools our patients need daily to return to life and return to work.
- Excellent outcomes – we are intently engaged in outcome studies for all our programs, clearly demonstrating the efficacy of our treatment. For more information about our outcomes, please click here
Homewood is committed to saving and improving lives. But our cause also extends to reducing the stigma that continues to surround mental health and addiction. To that end, we have been involved in various efforts:
- We are a founding member of the Global Business and Economic Roundtable on Addiction and Mental Health, established by Bill Wilkerson and chaired by the Honourable Michael Wilson, which has significantly raised the profile of mental health and addiction nationally.
- Homewood is dedicated to applied research, particularly in outcomes through the Homewood Research Institute. To learn more about our research initiatives please click here.
Of course, wellness in the workplace is critical to us, not only in workplaces across the country, but in our own workplace as well. Homewood maintains an active wellness program and is nationally recognized for its efforts.